POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : File I/O and access modes Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  File I/O and access modes (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Tom York
Subject: File I/O and access modes
Date: 14 May 2004 08:20:00
Message: <web.40a4b923cd8d0b0e2ff34a90@news.povray.org>
I want to change a single item in a large file. I know how many other items
I must read to get to this desired item. Is there a compact way to do this
with #fopen and friends, or is my only option to read the whole file into a
large array, chang the one array entry I'm after and save the whole lot out
again?

Also, there isn't a shorthand notation for things like:

#local I = I + 1;

is there?

Post a reply to this message