POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request for Mesh 2 sphere Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Request for Mesh 2 sphere (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Tim McMurdo
Subject: Request for Mesh 2 sphere
Date: 9 Sep 2003 11:05:01
Message: <web.3f5debbb544158a3297c858d0@news.povray.org>
I hope that somebody can help me with this. I need a mesh 2 sphere with a 1
unit diameter. I do not have any software to create this myself. I will use
the sphere to create a twisted rope. Lot's of rope means lots of memory, so
I figure a mesh 2 object will be the best way to go.

Thanks,

Tim

Post a reply to this message

On Tue,  9 Sep 2003 11:03:23 EDT, "Tim McMurdo" <jod### [at] wohrrcom> wrote:
> I hope that somebody can help me with this. I need a mesh 2 sphere with a 1
> unit diameter. I do not have any software to create this myself. I will use
> the sphere to create a twisted rope. Lot's of rope means lots of memory, so
> I figure a mesh 2 object will be the best way to go.

Look for HF_Sphere macro in shapes.inc, use flat heigfielt function to create
this sphere and redirrect its output to file as described in manual.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

>Look for HF_Sphere macro in shapes.inc, use flat heigfielt function to create
>this sphere and redirrect its output to file as described in manual.
>
>ABX

Thank you very much. I had no idea I had these objects available to me. This
is exactly what I was looking for.

Tim

Post a reply to this message