POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : surreal organic textures - need some help Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:11:59 EDT (-0400)
  surreal organic textures - need some help (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: darrenf
Subject: surreal organic textures - need some help
Date: 14 Jul 2003 05:35:01
Message: <web.3f12788565af23e552c52af60@news.povray.org>
Hello

I am trying to make a surreal organic texture for some biowin
models/animations I am trying to create.

Mainly stuff like hr giger textures.

I have seen a bryce way of doing  this using a volumetric texture (see
http://www.petersharpe.com/Tutorial31.htm), and am not sure how to do this
in povray.

Also thinking of bio luminescence, and am not sure how to go about doing
this.

I have seen some of the AOI textures and this looks very cool, but as my
organic object is very complex, and I am trying to animate, it could take a
very long time (which i do not have).

Does anyone have any code/incs that can create wierd organic textures/hr
giger textures?

I have thought about image maps with  bozo texture on top, I might try this.

Thanks

darrenf

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 05:31:49 EDT, "darrenf" <dar### [at] ukonlinenet> wrote:
> I have seen some of the AOI textures and this looks very cool, but as my
> organic object is very complex, and I am trying to animate, it could take a
> very long time (which i do not have).

Why do you think AOI texture is slow? AOI realised as patch does not need many
calculations. It is basically just angle between two vectors.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

 "darrenf" <dar### [at] ukonlinenet> wrote:

> I have seen a bryce way of doing  this using a volumetric texture (see
> http://www.petersharpe.com/Tutorial31.htm), and am not sure how to do this
> in povray.

If you are trying for a glowing appearance, look at emitting media.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message