POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to make a translucent jellyfish texture Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  how to make a translucent jellyfish texture (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: darrenf
Subject: how to make a translucent jellyfish texture
Date: 11 Jul 2003 05:50:01
Message: <web.3f0e8841a7ce2a1c52c52af60@news.povray.org>
Hello

Just wondering if anyone has any texture code for making a translucent
jellyfish texture.

I am after one of those really stunning jellyfish colours.

not looking to use ior really, as have to use in animation and do not want
it to take too long.

Although any samples with ior code is fine.

Trying to make a electric blue stunning texture.

Any ideas on where to start?

Thanks

darrenf

Post a reply to this message

| Trying to make a electric blue stunning texture.

This might provoke the purists, but I'd try to place the jellyfish
inside a blue sphere with no_image and no_shadow, with a high ambient
value, and then play with the jellyfish' fresnel/ior and variable
reflection settings. This should make the jellyfish fairly transparent
in the middle, yet glowing blue on the edges.

--
It's a dark day for mad science.

Post a reply to this message

Look for a thread on povray.binaries.images called "Glowing Tube - 1
attachment" for some useful techniques to do that.

Regards,

Wolfox