POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : converting true type fonts to pov objects Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:23:54 EDT (-0400)
   converting true type fonts to pov objects (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: rmorehouse
Subject: converting true type fonts to pov objects
Date: 13 Feb 2003 20:35:04
Message: <web.3e4c4716606b69ac2a1c8f120@news.povray.org>
I have a truetype font that i would like to base a  pov object  upon so that
i can modify it more easily. is there a utility available to help ne do
this?

Richard

Post a reply to this message

From: ABX
Subject: Re: converting true type fonts to pov objects
Date: 14 Feb 2003 01:53:16
Message: <6g4p4vgh4rtgl3artlt3gk1qmm3cf5parj@4ax.com>
On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:33:15 EST, "rmorehouse" <rmo### [at] coxnet> wrote:
> I have a truetype font that i would like to base a  pov object  upon so that
> i can modify it more easily. is there a utility available to help ne do
> this?

http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Programs/Fonts_and_Font_Utilities/

ABX

Post a reply to this message

From: rmorehouse
Date: 14 Feb 2003 19:40:02
Message: <web.3e4d8bf67b5993682a1c8f120@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:
>On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:33:15 EST, "rmorehouse" <rmo### [at] coxnet> wrote:
>> I have a truetype font that i would like to base a  pov object  upon so that
>> i can modify it more easily. is there a utility available to help ne do
>> this?
>
>http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Programs/Fonts_and_Font_Utilities/
>
>ABX

Thank you ABX for pointing me in the right direction , and Thank you Remco
De Korte and Armin Muller for the SoftText and EleFont programs.

Richard