POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Parametric bug? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Parametric bug? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Mike
Subject: Parametric bug?
Date: 20 Aug 2002 19:00:29
Message: <web.3d62c961c0336eb58b0b6f760@news.povray.org>
This scene renders differently depending on whether the parametric is bound
by a sphere or a box. It should render the same in both instances unless
I'm overlooking something.

camera{
  perspective
  location     <1.6,1.6,-3.2>
  look_at      <0,0,0>
}
light_source{
  <5,10,-5>
  color             rgb<1,1,1>
}
parametric{
  function{u*sin(2*pi*v)}
  function{v}
  function{u*cos(2*pi*v)}
  <0,0>
  <1,1>
  contained_by{box{<-1,-1,-1><1,1,1>}}
  //contained_by{sphere{<0,0,0>,1}}
  accuracy          0.001
  max_gradient      1.1
  precompute        20,x,y,z
  pigment{color rgb<1,0,0>}
}

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Williams
Subject: Re: Parametric bug?
Date: 20 Aug 2002 21:16:46
Message: <o8$BCCAYkuY9Ewrp@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Mike who wrote:
>This scene renders differently depending on whether the parametric is bound
>by a sphere or a box. It should render the same in both instances unless
>I'm overlooking something.

Have you noticed that the shape is the same, it's just the brightness
that's different? If you add "finish {ambient 1}" (and make the sphere
slightly bigger so that it doesn't clip the shape) then the output is
identical.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure