POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : humanoid Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  humanoid (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Mike Williams
Subject: Re: humanoid
Date: 4 Sep 2003 21:58:48
Message: <OYkPYLA6w+V$EwNw@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Gilles Tran who wrote:
>"Mike Williams" <mik### [at] econymdemoncouk> a ?crit dans le message de
>
>> Mesh file size                  3.7 Mb
>
>Actually, this is the figure for a naked and bald Poser 3 figure. A Michael
>or Victoria figure (which are the usual quality models to use with Poser)
>with clothes and hair is more like 15 Mb in mesh2 (and this is for a basic
>dress or hair, not elaborate ones). Two of them waltzing for 1 min would use
>almost 2 Gb of mesh2 and 2 Gb of obj.

I strongly suggest the use of reduced resolution DAZ figures for this
kind of work. I was using RR Victoria 2 in Poser 5. You'll only notice
the lack of resolution if you're doing closeups.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

> I strongly suggest the use of reduced resolution DAZ figures for this
> kind of work. I was using RR Victoria 2 in Poser 5. You'll only notice
> the lack of resolution if you're doing closeups.

Thanks for the tip, it could be useful (and not only for animations).

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com