POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cheap, Fast Grass Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Cheap, Fast Grass (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Rune
Subject: Cheap, Fast Grass
Date: 26 Sep 2001 18:18:29
Message: <3bb25435@news.povray.org>
Well, for an include file name I like "fast" better than "cheap". ;)

Get the Fast Grass Include File here:
http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/3d/include/include.html

"The Fast Grass Include File lets you create textures that look like grass.
Using some special tricks the grass appears to have depth even though the
textures are flat. The advantages are that it's really fast compared to
creating grass using actual objects, and that it looks really nice at a
distance. The disadvantages are that it doesn't look right in a close-up
view and that it doesn't work for animations where the camera is moving."

I hope I'll soon be seeing your images made with it, and feedback is also as
always appreciated. :)

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)