POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Source control? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Source control? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jon A  Cruz
Subject: Source control?
Date: 6 Sep 2001 01:12:24
Message: <3B9705B7.A847A2A3@geocities.com>
I was just wondering, do POV-ers here use any type of source-control to
keep .pov's and such in, or is it all just ad-hoc .zip 'em up and save
'em out?

--
Wind the Frog!

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve
Subject: Re: Source control?
Date: 6 Sep 2001 02:44:46
Message: <slrn9pe6ni.mrk.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Wed, 05 Sep 2001 22:12:23 -0700, Jon A. Cruz wrote:
>I was just wondering, do POV-ers here use any type of source-control to
>keep .pov's and such in, or is it all just ad-hoc .zip 'em up and save
>'em out?

I use RCS (Revison Controle System), it came with RH, easy to set up and
works fine with emacs, and very useful.  I zip up the RCS repository and
make back that up every night via cron.  I also use RCS for any perl or
HTML, you can have spereate RCS directories scattered around wherever
you want them.

man rcs
man ci
man co

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  7:37am  up 54 days,  9:43,  2 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.03, 1.07

Post a reply to this message