POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : UK Convention. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:04:20 EDT (-0400)
  UK Convention. (Message 14 to 23 of 33)
From: 25ct
Subject: Re: UK Convention.
Date: 10 Jun 2001 16:31:54
Message: <3b23d93a@news.povray.org>
"sacrofts" <sac### [at] tinyonlinecouk> wrote in message

>Gosh, you know, I thought I was nearly the only pover who came from the
>midlands.

    Noooooo! I originate from the Midlands too, Swindon, (or is that the
'lower' Midlands?)

Ok, people, what are we going to do then? Nottingham? Or not?

    It seems to me that anyone living in the UK can be there when they want,
(unless they have a wedding to go to ;)
   It seems also, that some can make it from outside of the UK, but at
different dates. So can we sort a date out, so that people can say yes or
no? I'd like to meet you all and share a couple of beers or three*z.

   ;o)

   ~Steve~

Steve

"John VanSickle" <van### [at] erolscom> wrote in message

> Sounds good to me; one of my favorite pubs is there.  Unfortunately
> I no longer live in England...
>
> Regards,
> John

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:30:58 +0100, 25ct wrote:

>"sacrofts" <sac### [at] tinyonlinecouk> wrote in message
>
>>Gosh, you know, I thought I was nearly the only pover who came from the
>>midlands.
>
>    Noooooo! I originate from the Midlands too, Swindon, (or is that the
>'lower' Midlands?)
>
>Ok, people, what are we going to do then? Nottingham? Or not?
>
>    It seems to me that anyone living in the UK can be there when they want,
>(unless they have a wedding to go to ;)
>   It seems also, that some can make it from outside of the UK, but at
>different dates. So can we sort a date out, so that people can say yes or
>no? I'd like to meet you all and share a couple of beers or three*z.

Nottingham does sound good.

Lets make it some time in advance, say next March.  Many people will be
away at various times over the Summer (wheather we have a Summer or not),
and then it's winter.   In March nobody will be away for Summer holls,
nobody will be skint because of Christmas,  and it's too far ahead for
people to say "No I can't do that because I'm doing such a thing on that
day".

I suggest a Chinees banquit followed by a pub or two.  And lets make it
mid day one Saturday, then people have time to travel to and from their
region without the hassels of finding places to stay over night etc.

These are only suggestions so feel free to chip in everyone.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 12:15am  up 129 days,  1:05,  2 users,  load average: 1.16, 1.31, 1.54

Post a reply to this message

> Ok, people, what are we going to do then? Nottingham? Or not?

Well, I'd prefer London, but I won't rock the boat. Nottingham it is.

Post a reply to this message

> I suggest a Chinees banquit followed by a pub or two.  And lets make it
> mid day one Saturday, then people have time to travel to and from their
> region without the hassels of finding places to stay over night etc.

hell yes

--
Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
Hi-Impact database driven web site design & e-commerce
TEL : +44 (01625) 266358 - FAX : +44 (01625) 611913 - ICQ : 15776037
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk

PGP Public Key

Argh! would you believe it... I would be the only one with next march
booked.. I'm off to see my girlfriend in Japan..
but a chinese banquet does sound really good.  Any chance for very early
march??

Steve