POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : waterman polyhedra, POVRay and VRML Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  waterman polyhedra, POVRay and VRML (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Paul Bourke
Subject: waterman polyhedra, POVRay and VRML
Date: 12 Apr 2004 01:34:12
Message: <pdb_NOSPAM-D17061.15341112042004@news.povray.org>
For those with an interest in polyhedra, have look at my online
generator of Waterman polyhedra.
   http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/polyhedra/waterman/gen/
While it creates "plain" vrml models it also creates POVRay models,
POVRay was used for the small samples on that page.

Actually I'd like any constructive comments on "good style" when
it comes to how one should export geometry in the POVRay format....
treading the line between making scene that render as is but also
easy to modify by a more proficient user.
--
Paul Bourke
pdb_NOSPAMswin.edu.au

Post a reply to this message

> Actually I'd like any constructive comments on "good style" when
> it comes to how one should export geometry in the POVRay format....

Don't know about "good style", but I prefer a simpler camera setup. Also
it makes sure the object doesnt get deformed when you change the ration of
the image:

camera {
   location VP
   look_at <0,0,0>