POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : short code contest Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  short code contest (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Paul Bourke
Subject: short code contest
Date: 7 Feb 2004 02:55:04
Message: <pdb_NOSPAM-1B6ACB.18550407022004@news.povray.org>
Regarding the short code contest, I only just noticed that Greg was
suggesting it for someone else to run/manage. If no one else puts
their hand up and if there's enough interest then I'll do it. How
do "we" decide or should I just start up a page that sets the rules
and takes submissions?
--
Paul Bourke
pdb_NOSPAMswin.edu.au

Post a reply to this message

Paul Bourke <pdb### [at] swineduau> wrote:
> Regarding the short code contest, I only just noticed that Greg was
> suggesting it for someone else to run/manage. If no one else puts
> their hand up and if there's enough interest then I'll do it. How
> do "we" decide or should I just start up a page that sets the rules
> and takes submissions?

  I suppose that if no-one objects in a couple of days you could just
set up the web-page.

> Regarding the short code contest, I only just noticed that Greg was
> suggesting it for someone else to run/manage. If no one else puts
> their hand up and if there's enough interest then I'll do it. How
> do "we" decide or should I just start up a page that sets the rules
> and takes submissions?

The rules should be similar to the ones of the old contests probably,
see what Greg posted and the links ABX gave for the old pages:

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/34559/241699/#241699

I think it would be a good idea if you run the contest, at least i would
not have to worry about my submission being rejected because of too slow
render then. ;-)

Christoph

Last updated 11 Jan. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______