POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : about DPI and resolution....???? help ! Server Time
25 Apr 2024 22:30:32 EDT (-0400)
  about DPI and resolution....???? help ! (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Dav shef
Subject: about DPI and resolution....???? help !
Date: 16 Sep 2005 10:15:00
Message: <web.432ad3458a10e857703346660@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone

I need to create a picture with a specific size and resolution.
I am Linux user so I have a .ini file which contains info like the picture
size in pixels, e.g. :

Width=4000
Height=3200

But, I don't how to set the resolution. I've actually been asked to create a
picture with 300 DPI with a size of 213 x 161 mm

How do I do that ?

Cheers guys

Dav

Post a reply to this message

> I need to create a picture with a specific size and resolution.
> I am Linux user so I have a .ini file which contains info like the picture
> size in pixels, e.g. :
>
> Width=4000
> Height=3200
>
> But, I don't how to set the resolution. I've actually been asked to create a
> picture with 300 DPI with a size of 213 x 161 mm
>
> How do I do that ?

Please read the messages in the thread started with

::I need to create a picture with a specific size and resolution.
::I am Linux user so I have a .ini file which contains info like the picture
::size in pixels, e.g. :
::
::Width=4000
::Height=3200
::
::But, I don't how to set the resolution. I've actually been asked to create a
::picture with 300 DPI with a size of 213 x 161 mm
::
::How do I do that ?
::
::Cheers guys
::
::Dav

simple : 1 inch = 25.4 mm

213 mm -> 213/25.4 at 300dpi -> 300*213/25.4 = 2515
161 mm -> 161/25.4 at 300dpi -> 300*161/25.4 = 1901

:)
klp

Post a reply to this message