POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to script animation ? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  How to script animation ? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Dennis Clarke
Subject: How to script animation ?
Date: 17 Dec 2006 23:00:00
Message: <web.458611d0db4a0d15cd7fbef60@news.povray.org>
I have an 8-way opteron machine to run some POVRay renders on and it seems
to work well creating frames one at a time.  Does there exist some tool
that will allow me to do the following ?

  ( 1 ) issue 8 povray commands that produce animation frames in
        sets.  So CPU0 works on frames 1 to 32 and then CPU1 will
        work on frames 33 to 64 etc etc.  This is done with the
        +KC and start and end frame number options easily.

  ( 2 ) process all frames into an MPEG4 animation file

My objective here is to take a given POV input file and a well described
camera path based on the clock parameter and have an animation all done
by the computer at the back end.  I am not interested in seeing frames
unless there is a problem.  The only thing I care about is how many
frames in total.

Is there a tool that takes sets of PNG input files and creates MPEG4 ?

Dennis

Post a reply to this message