POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : prism conic sweep Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  prism conic sweep (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Vincent LE PRINCE
Subject: prism conic sweep
Date: 9 Mar 2005 09:29:09
Message: <pan.2005.03.09.14.35.47.202561@nospam.wanadoo.fr>
Hi,
	does anybody know how conic sweep for prism
exactly works ? ( Trying to do an opengl preview ) The
result ( with pov ) seems smaller than expected...

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

From: Slime
Subject: Re: prism conic sweep
Date: 12 Mar 2005 23:20:11
Message: <4233bf7b@news.povray.org>
> does anybody know how conic sweep for prism
> exactly works ? ( Trying to do an opengl preview ) The
> result ( with pov ) seems smaller than expected...

As far as I remember, the documentation explains it fairly thoroughly. It
might be in two places in the documentation, because some shapes are covered
once in the "reference" section and once in the "tutorial" section, so make
sure to check out the tutorials because that's where I learned it from.

The important point is that the "point" of the cone will always appear at y
= 0, IIRC.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]