POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRAY Pixel Color Calculation? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  POVRAY Pixel Color Calculation? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Marcus Hudritsch
Subject: POVRAY Pixel Color Calculation?
Date: 25 Aug 2003 11:52:30
Message: <3f4a30be@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
I'm writing a raytracer for educational purpose.

I'm using an OpenGL like lighting calculation extendet with the reflected
and tranparent
branch as in classic raytracing.

I'm comparing the generated images with image from POVRAY with the same
scene
definition. Sometimes I see differences and want to know where they come
from.

I can't find the precise formula how POVRAY calculates the pixel color.

Does anyone know where to find a description on the POVRAY pixel color
calculation?

Thanks
Marcus

Post a reply to this message