POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animating a Poser model in POV-Ray? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Animating a Poser model in POV-Ray? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: melundbe
Subject: Animating a Poser model in POV-Ray?
Date: 25 Apr 2003 17:48:01
Message: <oprn7f6aajmulnlm@localhost>
Is there any way to animate a model made in Poser in POV-Ray?  When I
export an animation out of Poser to a Wavefront OBJ I get one model for
every frame.  That's alright, except I have to use PoseRay individually on
each, which will be extremely tedious and timeconsuming.  Is there any way
to streamline the process?

-Marcus

Post a reply to this message

> Is there any way to animate a model made in Poser in POV-Ray?  When I
> export an animation out of Poser to a Wavefront OBJ I get one model for
> every frame.  That's alright, except I have to use PoseRay individually on
> each, which will be extremely tedious and timeconsuming.  Is there any way
> to streamline the process?

The registered version of 3DWin lets you convert files in batch and I have
used this feature for converting a Poser animation to POV-Ray.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message

> Is there any way to animate a model made in Poser in POV-Ray?  When I
> export an animation out of Poser to a Wavefront OBJ I get one model
> for every frame.

Does OBJ support posable models?

Regards,
John