POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help needed to calculate points on a plane for eval_pigment() Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Help needed to calculate points on a plane for eval_pigment() (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Help needed to calculate points on a plane for eval_pigment()
Date: 4 May 2013 18:52:38
Message: <op.wwk0hwq1ufxv4h@xena>
I want to convert my paint macro to paint a whole scene instead of just a
single-colour object.
My idea is to first render the whole scene with ambient_light 1 to use
obtain colours with eval_pigment().
The image is then mapped onto a plane that is placed in such a way that it
would render exactly the same scene.

Up to this point everything works fine.
But when it comes to calculating the position for eval_pigment on the
plane, my math is not working out.

Here is a sample of the plane and the camera that match:

#declare CamColours=plane {z,CamDirect.z
                         texture {
                                 pigment {
                                       image_map { png "ArtistsMap.png"
once }
                                       translate -0.5*(x+y)
                                       scale
<image_width/image_height,1,1>*2
                                       }
                                 finish { ambient 1 diffuse 1}
                                 }

                            translate CamDirect
                            Reorient_Trans(z, (CamLook-CamPos))

                            translate CamPos
                            }

camera {
         location  CamPos
         direction CamDirect
         right   x*image_width/image_height
         look_at CamLook
         }

And here is my scan position that doesn't work.
ColPosX and ColPosY are x and y counters for scanning throught the x and y
positions of the image:

#local ScanPos=( ((<-.5,-.5,0>+<ColPosX,ColPosY,0>)
*<image_width/image_height,1,1>*2+CamDirect)*(CamLook-CamPos))+CamPos;

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message