POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Dripping paint Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Dripping paint (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Dripping paint
Date: 22 Aug 2011 15:33:05
Message: <op.v0mq85wiufxv4h@xena>
I have been trying to make a macro that drips paint onto objects, but I
keep getting stuck with objects that have lots of negative spaces as
tracing surfaces takes very long and returns without a hit. Is there a
quick way to bypass this problem. Even better maybe there is already such
a macro somewhere...?

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

> I have been trying to make a macro that drips paint onto objects, but I
> keep getting stuck with objects that have lots of negative spaces as
> tracing surfaces takes very long and returns without a hit. Is there a
> quick way to bypass this problem. Even better maybe there is already
> such a macro somewhere...?

Ask Jackson Pollock  ;-)

But seriously, I remember that Jim Charter did something similar with
candle wax dripping on a statue. I don't know if he released the code
though...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Thomas de Groot <tenDOTlnDOTretniATtoorgedDOTt> wrote:
> On 22-8-2011 21:32, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> > I have been trying to make a macro that drips paint onto objects, but I
> > keep getting stuck with objects that have lots of negative spaces as
> > tracing surfaces takes very long and returns without a hit. Is there a
> > quick way to bypass this problem. Even better maybe there is already
> > such a macro somewhere...?
> >
> Ask Jackson Pollock  ;-)
>
> But seriously, I remember that Jim Charter did something similar with
> candle wax dripping on a statue. I don't know if he released the code
> though...
>
> Thomas

Jackson Pollock is overrated. There I said it.

Post a reply to this message