POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Large Binaries Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Large Binaries (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Trevor Quayle
Subject: Large Binaries
Date: 22 Nov 2001 11:52:14
Message: <3bfd2d3e$1@news.povray.org>
I'm wondering if it is possible to set up a binary group for large postings
so people who have fast connections can post or download animations larger
than 2MB (for those of us who don't use web space or can find the time
between POVing to find out how).  It could be time limited, say 1 week, then
it gets deleted and maybe an overal size cap on the group to keep the server
space down.  This way, people who have been working on larger projects can
share their ideas. We have seen a lot of these intensive physics based
animations lately which can suffer greatly by the size limitation.

This is only an idea, good or bad? Other suggestions comments?

-tgq

Post a reply to this message