POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray 3.1 for Linux ? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  povray 3.1 for Linux ? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Andreas Doescher
Subject: povray 3.1 for Linux ?
Date: 4 Dec 1998 02:34:23
Message: <hvbtlk5pj6.fsf@olof.informatik.uni-bremen.de>
Hi,
when will povray 3.1 for linux released ?

Thanks,
	Andreas
          		    Snail: Andreas D"oscher
		Thedinghauser Str. 81, 28201 Bremen, Germany
           Voice: +49 421 55 16 78  EMail: gwy### [at] xanzyrakn-bremende
                WWW: http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~gwynfor

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Schimmler
Subject: Re: povray 3.1 for Linux ?
Date: 4 Dec 1998 03:16:49
Message: <36679A6E.7F0ACF84@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Andreas Doescher wrote:

> Hi,
> when will povray 3.1 for linux released ?

The answer to this question is twofold.

1. The official version will come out when it is ready. I don't like
   to put any pressure on the POVray team although I have to admit
that    I am waiting too.

2. There are already unofficial versions of 3.1 for linux. The last
   posting I saw linked to

   http://www.mailbag.com/users/mtgordon/povray.html

I hope this answered your question.

Marc

--
Marc Schimmler

Post a reply to this message

> > when will povray 3.1 for linux released ?
>
> The answer to this question is twofold.
>
> 1. The official version will come out when it is ready. I don't like
>    to put any pressure on the POVray team although I have to admit
> that    I am waiting too.
>
> 2. There are already unofficial versions of 3.1 for linux. The last
>    posting I saw linked to
>
>    http://www.mailbag.com/users/mtgordon/povray.html

My unofficial version seems to be working reasonably well, with one
known bug: the mosaic preview feature doesn't work.  I'm hoping to have
a chance to look into it this weekend.

-Mark Gordon

Post a reply to this message

In article <366### [at] mailbagcom> , Mark Gordon <mtg### [at] mailbagcom>
wrote:
>My unofficial version seems to be working reasonably well, with one
>known bug: the mosaic preview feature doesn't work.  I'm hoping to have
>a chance to look into it this weekend.

Check the parameter order of your platform specific rectangle drawing function, it
changed (now x1,y1,x2,y2). Maybe thats all what is wrong.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> In article <366### [at] mailbagcom> , Mark Gordon <mtg### [at] mailbagcom>
> wrote:
> >My unofficial version seems to be working reasonably well, with one
> >known bug: the mosaic preview feature doesn't work.  I'm hoping to have
> >a chance to look into it this weekend.
>
> Check the parameter order of your platform specific rectangle drawing function, it
> changed (now x1,y1,x2,y2). Maybe thats all what is wrong.
>
>     Thorsten

That seemed to do the trick.  New files and a patch are available at