POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to output 8-bit Grayscale Bitmap files? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  How to output 8-bit Grayscale Bitmap files? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Glen Berry
Subject: How to output 8-bit Grayscale Bitmap files?
Date: 21 Dec 2003 04:08:26
Message: <ffoauv86akm6q49j6oppo9s5n2ntov21sm@4ax.com>
I'm using POV 3.5 for Windows, and I'm having a bit of trouble finding
a combination of switches and options that will render a scene as an
8-bit grayscale, in Windows bitmap format.

I can get a Windows bitmap that is rendered in only shades of gray,
but when I check this in an image editor, I find it was actually
stored in a 24-bit RGB format.

How do I get a single channel, 8-bit, grayscale, windows bitmap?

thanks,
McLilith

Post a reply to this message