POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : centering an object for the camera Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  centering an object for the camera (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Eric Medlin
Subject: centering an object for the camera
Date: 14 Apr 2004 14:13:27
Message: <eric.medlin-4FE5FD.14132614042004@news.povray.org>
I would like to be able to have code in my scene.pov file that will
center objects and move the camera or object so that the model will fill
most of the scene.  So far I have found this.
object{
   model // defined as a mesh2 object in another file
   Center_Trans(model, x+y+z)
}
This will move the object so that the center of it's bounding box is at
0,0,0.  For my objects the center of the bounding box works fine for
centering.  Now how can I move the object and camera closer or farther
apart in povray so that it will fill up the scene.  Right now I have the
camera hard coded to allow the largest object to fit in the scene, but
some of my smaller objects appear to small.  I was thing I might could
get the bounding box's height and width and use them to determine how
far apart the camera and object need to be, but so far I have not been
able to find out how to get it.

Post a reply to this message