POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : newsgroup post shows only 10 of 14 entries?? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  newsgroup post shows only 10 of 14 entries?? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Kenneth
Subject: newsgroup post shows only 10 of 14 entries??
Date: 25 Feb 2009 07:20:00
Message: <web.49a5360af0596d9ef50167bc0@news.povray.org>
I'm looking at a newsgroup post called "Light Diffusion"...

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.499f61f21bee921065ab59cc0%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=13

which states that 14 messages are there; but I can access only 10 of the 14. The
"Next 4 messages" link which should be there is missing. (I usually see only 10
messages per page on my system.)  Is it just me, or does anyone else see this?
Are there in fact only 10 messages there, and has POV generated the wrong
number in the title page?

I'm running Windows XP SP3, using Firefox.

KW

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:16:57 EST, "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

>I'm looking at a newsgroup post called "Light Diffusion"...
>
>http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.499f61f21bee921065ab59cc0%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=13
>
>which states that 14 messages are there; but I can access only 10 of the 14. The
>"Next 4 messages" link which should be there is missing. (I usually see only 10
>messages per page on my system.)  Is it just me, or does anyone else see this?
>Are there in fact only 10 messages there, and has POV generated the wrong
>number in the title page?
>
>I'm running Windows XP SP3, using Firefox.
>
>KW

There are 14 messages and I can see them all using Vista IE 7

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> ...and has POV generated the wrong number in the title page?

Wrong choice of words; POV-Ray has nothing to do with this, of course. I meant
the software that the newsgroups use.

KW

Post a reply to this message

"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> I'm looking at a newsgroup post called "Light Diffusion"...

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.499f61f21bee921065ab59cc0%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=13

> which states that 14 messages are there; but I can access only 10 of the
> 14. The
> "Next 4 messages" link which should be there is missing. (I usually see
> only 10
> messages per page on my system.)  Is it just me, or does anyone else see
> this?
> Are there in fact only 10 messages there, and has POV generated the wrong
> number in the title page?
>
> I'm running Windows XP SP3, using Firefox.
>
> KW

I see 14 through my newsgroup server.

When I follow the link you provided the first 10 display . At the top and
bottom theres a link to the 'Latest 10' which then shows posts 5 to 14, but
there's also a link way across to the right to the Next 4.

I think this is down to a very long and unbroken line of text in the post
from CShake. Because it doesn't contain spaces it doesn't break the line,
forcing you to scroll right to reach the 'Next 4' link.

Regards,
Chris B.

Post a reply to this message