POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : new free HDRI Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:29:31 EDT (-0400)
  new free HDRI (Message 1 to 10 of 37)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: new free HDRI
Date: 11 May 2005 04:15:01
Message: <d5seqe$34u$1@chho.imagico.de>
Some might have seen the message on CGTalk, i have not actually tested
them yet but it looks like a nice collection of relatively high
resolution skies:

http://www.evermotion.org/index.php?unfold_exclusive=84&unfold=exclusive

Christoph

Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve Shelby
Subject: Re: new free HDRI
Date: 11 May 2005 17:50:51
Message: <42827e3b$1@news.povray.org>

> Some might have seen the message on CGTalk, i have not actually tested
> them yet but it looks like a nice collection of relatively high resolution
> skies:
>
> http://www.evermotion.org/index.php?unfold_exclusive=84&unfold=exclusive
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Sim-POV,
> HCR-Edit and more: http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/
> Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Please excuse my ignorance. In what program can you open a .hdr file, and
how is it used?
Steve Shelby
http://www.shelbyvision.com

Post a reply to this message

> "Christoph Hormann" <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
>
>>Some might have seen the message on CGTalk, i have not actually tested
>>them yet but it looks like a nice collection of relatively high resolution
>>skies:
>>
>>http://www.evermotion.org/index.php?unfold_exclusive=84&unfold=exclusive
>>
>>Christoph
>>
>>--
>>POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Sim-POV,
>>HCR-Edit and more: http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/
>>Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______
>

> Please excuse my ignorance. In what program can you open a .hdr file, and
> how is it used?
> Steve Shelby
> http://www.shelbyvision.com

Megapov can use directly hdr files in a scene, as explained in section
4.3 of Megapov's help file. If you just want to view hdr files, then
HDRView will do the trick : http://athens.ict.usc.edu/FiatLux/hdrview/ .
Also, the page http://athens.ict.usc.edu/Research/HDR/ is I believe a
good starter about High Dynamic Range Images.

Hope this helps...

--
Vincent

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 11 May 2005 20:30:27
Message: <4282a3a3@news.povray.org>
Are there any HDRI programs which supports saving in 48bpp png format?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 11 May 2005 20:55:51
Message: <op.sqm0zqqccs6ysw@frogeater.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Thu, 12 May 2005 02:30:27 +0200, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   Are there any HDRI programs which supports saving in 48bpp png format?

Photoshop CS2, but that's rather expensive.

If you are looking for free software, I suppose you could use MegaPOV. A
little cumbersome to use for converting image files, but it should be
doable.

--
FE

Post a reply to this message

From: fls13
Date: 11 May 2005 21:30:00
Message: <web.4282affc8174cf6bdef056600@news.povray.org>
http://athens.ict.usc.edu/HDRShop/

That'll do the trick! :O)

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 12 May 2005 06:11:49
Message: <42832be5@news.povray.org>
fls13 <fls### [at] netzeronet> wrote:
> http://athens.ict.usc.edu/HDRShop/

> That'll do the trick! :O)

  I see no option for saving to png or to 48bpp format...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 May 2005 08:05:02
Message: <d5vgld$699$2@chho.imagico.de>
Warp wrote:
>   Are there any HDRI programs which supports saving in 48bpp png format?

Cinepaint: http://cinepaint.sourceforge.net/

Christoph

Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

From: Vincent LE CHEVALIER
Date: 12 May 2005 08:05:54
Message: <428346a2$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> fls13 <fls### [at] netzeronet> wrote:
>
>>http://athens.ict.usc.edu/HDRShop/
>

>>That'll do the trick! :O)
>

>   I see no option for saving to png or to 48bpp format...

Christoph Hormann has a tool on his web-page called HCR-Edit, that might
be what you're looking for :
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/hcredit/index.html

Can anyone tell me more about 48bpp png format ? Is it able to store
float values ? What is its dynamic range ? It's not listed on
http://www.anyhere.com/gward/hdrenc/hdr_encodings.html, a page I found
extremely interesting about high dynamic range formats...

--
Vincent

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 12 May 2005 09:19:59
Message: <428357ff@news.povray.org>
Vincent LE CHEVALIER <gal### [at] libertysurffr> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me more about 48bpp png format ? Is it able to store
> float values ?

  Truecolor images usually store 8 bits per color component. Some
image formats, such as for example png, support also 16 bits per color
component (making a total of 48 bits per pixel).

--
                                                          - Warp