POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Indent for POVRay code Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Indent for POVRay code (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Matthias Weißer
Subject: Indent for POVRay code
Date: 7 Dec 2004 12:51:11
Message: <41b5ed8f@news.povray.org>
Hi

is there something like http://www.gnu.org/software/indent/indent.html
available which takes POVRay code (SDL not the C++ sourcecode) and
reformats it to a given stlye?

--

mat### [at] matweide
http://www.matwei.de

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: Indent for POVRay code
Date: 7 Dec 2004 14:05:02
Message: <cp4ujo$56a$1@chho.imagico.de>

> Hi
>
> is there something like http://www.gnu.org/software/indent/indent.html

> available which takes POVRay code (SDL not the C++ sourcecode) and
> reformats it to a given stlye?

In Emacs you can indent a region according to the current mode (so also
for POV-Ray) with 'indent-region'.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

From: Matthias Weißer
Date: 7 Dec 2004 15:44:54
Message: <41b61646$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann schrieb:

>> Hi
>>
>> is there something like http://www.gnu.org/software/indent/indent.html
>> available which takes POVRay code (SDL not the C++ sourcecode) and
>> reformats it to a given stlye?
>>

> In Emacs you can indent a region according to the current mode (so also
> for POV-Ray) with 'indent-region'.

It should be a more automatic tool to reformat my electronic parts
library after creating it out of a database.

Reformating it by hand is not an option.

Maybe I'll give indent itself a try. The structure of the SDL is not
that far from C.

--

mat### [at] matweide
http://www.matwei.de

Post a reply to this message

> >> available which takes POVRay code (SDL not the C++ sourcecode) and
> >> reformats it to a given stlye?
> >>

> > In Emacs you can indent a region according to the current mode (so also
> > for POV-Ray) with 'indent-region'.
>
> It should be a more automatic tool to reformat my electronic parts
> library after creating it out of a database.
>
> Reformating it by hand is not an option.
>
> Maybe I'll give indent itself a try. The structure of the SDL is not
> that far from C.

when you mentioned this earlier, I did find a program called Indent++ (i
think) that was written as a college project it seems. it's goal was to
rewrite GNU Indent for C++ syntax, and make is easily extensible to other
languages. The README text wasn't very promising though. Sounded like it had
memory leaks and performance problems. If you're a programmer though, it
might be a starting point for a new pov utility.

good luck in your hunt.

Post a reply to this message