POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hexagonally reflective tiled plane Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Hexagonally reflective tiled plane (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Paul
Subject: Hexagonally reflective tiled plane
Date: 27 Feb 2000 11:54:16
Message: <38b956b8@news.povray.org>
I want to create a scene with a hexagonally reflective tiled plane.
Could someone please e-mail me some code to do this.

Thanks
Paul

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Hexagonally reflective tiled plane
Date: 27 Feb 2000 13:06:28
Message: <chrishuff_99-14FB94.13075727022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38b956b8@news.povray.org>, "Paul" <ran### [at] freenetcouk>
wrote:

> I want to create a scene with a hexagonally reflective tiled plane.

Could you be more specific about what you want? Do you want a texture
with hexagonal areas with different amounts of reflection?
Try something like this:
texture {hexagon
    texture {pigment {color White} finish {reflection 1}}
    texture {pigment {color Green} finish {reflection 0.5}}
    texture {pigment {color Blue} finish {reflection 0.3}}
}

BTW, most of your questions were pretty basic, you might want to
consider asking in povray.newusers or povray.advanced-users instead of
povray.general to get more help. Also, read the messages in
povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions. There are not many messages
there(35 according to my newsreader), and one of them is a welcome
message which explains a lot of things about this server.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom

Post a reply to this message

I just read the welcome message in p.a.f.a.q. and it was very useful.
Thanks for pointing it out to me as a newbie.

Paul