POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov3.0 halo - anybody remembers? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  pov3.0 halo - anybody remembers? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Micha Riser
Subject: pov3.0 halo - anybody remembers?
Date: 26 Jan 2001 15:32:50
Message: <3A71DED3.8CFCD3B1@gmx.net>
I want to render an old scene I had written for pov 3.1. Because I want to change
some things and use 3.1 features I need to convert the halo to a media.

The old scene has following code:

halo {
    emitting
    spherical_mapping
    linear
    lambda 2
    turbulence <0.3,1,0.3>*1.2
    color_map {
      [ 0.0 color rgbt<1,0,0,1>]
      [ .5 color rgbt<1.75,1,0,0>]
      [ 1.0 color rgbt<2,2,0,-1>]
    }
    jitter 0.1
    frequency 1
    samples 20
    scale 0.4
  }

My problem is that I don't remember what kind of pattern the two lines

spherical_mapping
linear

mean. Unfortunatley I have no more 3.0 docs. Does anybody of you remember the
meaning of this and know how to translate that to a density_map?

- Micha

Post a reply to this message