POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Slope pattern in function Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:58:17 EDT (-0400)
  Slope pattern in function (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: theVIPER
Subject: Slope pattern in function
Date: 27 Feb 2002 12:51:36
Message: <3c7d1ca8@news.povray.org>
When a slope pattern based pigment is used in a function, it always returns
the beginning of the color_map.
This seems logical, because the function only has the position in space and
not the normal vector.

Does anyone know a workaround (or dirty trick ;) for this?

On 27 Feb 2002 12:51:36 -0500, the### [at] webde (theVIPER) wrote:
> This seems logical, because the function only has the position in space and
> not the normal vector.
> Does anyone know a workaround (or dirty trick ;) for this?

There can't be any trick to obtain normal of any point in space becouse point
has no normal vector as you pointed. There can be trick for particular usage
but then you have to specify where/how you want to use it.

ABX

Post a reply to this message