POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Artifacts on colormap experiments Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Artifacts on colormap experiments (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: ascscr
Subject: Artifacts on colormap experiments
Date: 18 Sep 2002 16:35:04
Message: <web.3d88e285cb77a6ae7dc403f50@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I did a very simple (although somehow brain damaged) thing:

A simple scene, haveing a box. which has the following pigment:

      pigment {
        wood
        frequency 5
        colour_map {
            [0, red 1 green 1 blue 1 transmit 1.0]
            [0.5, red 0 green 0 blue 0 transmit 1.0]
         }
      }
This resulted in an invisible box (no surprise) and a light blue
spot at the ground - which was a surprise.

Anybody knows why this looks like it looks?

Thanks

Alexander

Post a reply to this message