POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Quaternions with POV Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Quaternions with POV (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Ragnarok
Subject: Quaternions with POV
Date: 15 Sep 2000 15:17:32
Message: <39c275cc@news.povray.org>
Hi all

I've made some quaternion animations with POV: http://www.hypercomplex.org
using the built-in formula q^2+c but I'd like to know if anyone has been
able to change the source code in order to implement other formulas like
q^3+c and so on. I've found the website of the programmer who has
implemented quaternions in POV and have read his tutorial here:
http://skal.planet-d.net/quat/Fract_It.html.en but I wonder if any great
coder could add a feature that would allow POV users to type in the formula
of the quaternion in POV files and have it rendered, some kind of custom
quaternion formula. It's too frustrating to change the source code and
compile it everytime you just want to try out a new formula. If POV users
could just type the Julia_Fractal command then their custom formula on the
same line it would be an excellent feature that could create many beautiful
3D shapes.

If anyone is interested in that project I have tons of great quaternion
formulas that can be tested.

Cheers
Ragnarok

http://www.hypercomplex.org