POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Date or time? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Date or time? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Date or time?
Date: 30 Dec 2000 21:34:41
Message: <3a4e9b41$1@news.povray.org>
Any way to access the date or time?  One application would be a
self-seeding, truly random rand based of current mins & secs.

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Date or time?
Date: 30 Dec 2000 21:41:30
Message: <chrishuff-4B736C.21425530122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a4e9b41$1@news.povray.org>, "Greg M. Johnson"
<"gregj;-)56590\""@aol.c;-)om> wrote:

> Any way to access the date or time?  One application would be a
> self-seeding, truly random rand based of current mins & secs.

Not in the official version, but MegaPOV has functions to do this.
http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message

>Any way to access the date or time?  One application would be a
>self-seeding, truly random rand based of current mins & secs.

Someone came up with a method of doing this in official POV-Ray.  Check in
the .text.scene-files and .binaries.scene-files groups.

--
Mark

Post a reply to this message