POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Massive linux cluster Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Massive linux cluster (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Lewis
Subject: Massive linux cluster
Date: 31 Aug 2000 15:31:51
Message: <39AEBF6C.A0A12BB8@ss.com>
Did anyone see this new linux supercomputer? is there anyone out there
able to obtain an account? (AND RUN POV IN REALTIME! [j/k, i'm not sure,
i have no idea about this])

http://www.ahpcc.unm.edu/Systems/Allocations/index.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Massive linux cluster
Date: 31 Aug 2000 15:41:28
Message: <chrishuff-1AFE27.14430331082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39AEBF6C.A0A12BB8@ss.com>, Lewis <tt### [at] sscom> wrote:

> Did anyone see this new linux supercomputer? is there anyone out there
> able to obtain an account? (AND RUN POV IN REALTIME! [j/k, i'm not sure,
> i have no idea about this])

All I saw was stuff about clusters, this wouldn't help POV. POV is
single-threaded, it can't use multiple processors or distribute tasks to
other computers.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><