POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : When will v3.5 be released? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  When will v3.5 be released? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Scott Moore
Subject: When will v3.5 be released?
Date: 21 Nov 2000 17:38:04
Message: <aaul1ts486edlln76ckmi8gl0qfdss7am8@4ax.com>
Hi,

Does anyone know when Povray 3.5 is going to be released? I haven't
seen any more announcements for a while. Will it be released this
year?

Thanks,

Scott

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: When will v3.5 be released?
Date: 21 Nov 2000 18:46:09
Message: <chrishuff-1A84C0.18463221112000@news.povray.org>
In article <aaul1ts486edlln76ckmi8gl0qfdss7am8@4ax.com>,
sdm### [at] zoomcouk wrote:

> Does anyone know when Povray 3.5 is going to be released? I haven't
> seen any more announcements for a while. Will it be released this
> year?

See povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions for the most recent info,
specifically the messages: "POV-Ray plans for v3.1 and beyond..." and
"POV-Team Status Report - September 1, 2000".
POV 3.5 is currently feature-frozen and in early alpha, the features it
will have are decided on, but not all have been fully implemented yet
and it is very untested.
The POV-Team and TAG are busily working on finding bugs and completing
features, but there is no release date, and there won't be one. The
POV-Team can only spend a limited amount of time on development, and
they have no way to predict how much time they will have free or what
problems they will run into, so making any predictions on the release
date is pretty much impossible.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><