POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lens Design with POV ? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:12:07 EDT (-0400)
  Lens Design with POV ? (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Simon Dyer
Subject: Lens Design with POV ?
Date: 18 May 2006 19:06:39
Message: <446cfdff$1@news.povray.org>
I've been designing a plastic lens and using POV's mesh2 object type to
raytrace and visualise the results.

The iterations are taking too long.

What I want to do is define a bounding area I want the light to shine into,
and a spot light or lite material, and have POV design the lens between and
output the results as a mesh.

Possible/Impossible ?
Comments?