POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface media question Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface media question (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: Isosurface media question
Date: 5 Sep 1999 10:55:52
Message: <37d28478@news.povray.org>
While playing with Isosurface functions in media, I found that I want the
"threshold" keyword inside my density but I have not found a way to do it.

I tried various ways of including it into a declared texture and placing it
in several places in the density itself. I suspect that I will have to build
it into the function where all values descend to zero and stay there, which
means no sine/cosign type things...8-(

The thing I am trying to do right now is toroidal media using "torus"<...>
which gives me a torus, but then also shows the points of a torus which
surrounds that torus.... not fun.

Any Ideas?

Post a reply to this message