POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [3.8] User defined camera Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:47:07 EDT (-0400)
  [3.8] User defined camera (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: ingo
Subject: [3.8] User defined camera
Date: 19 Jan 2019 09:57:16
Message: <XnsA9DCA24E27240seed7@news.povray.org>
When I set the user defined camera / projection to
direction {
  function { 0 }
  function { 0 }
  function { 0 }
}
it 'traces to nowhere' and renders black, which makes sense. But now I ran
into one where it doesn't.
I'm creating a tile rendering camera for displaying images with
leaflet.js. Tiles are 256x256, but the aspect ratio of the image/ camera
settings may be different, thus creating black borders.
Is it possible and does it make sense to have POV-Ray to render a
transparant pixel instead of black when an output file format is used that
supports transparancy?

ingo

Post a reply to this message

> When I set the user defined camera / projection to
> direction {
>    function { 0 }
>    function { 0 }
>    function { 0 }
> }
> it 'traces to nowhere' and renders black, which makes sense. But now I ran
> into one where it doesn't.
> I'm creating a tile rendering camera for displaying images with
> leaflet.js. Tiles are 256x256, but the aspect ratio of the image/ camera
> settings may be different, thus creating black borders.
> Is it possible and does it make sense to have POV-Ray to render a
> transparant pixel instead of black when an output file format is used that
> supports transparancy?
>
> ingo

Have you tried using background{rgbt 1} ?

Obviously, you also need to specify an output with transparency. Use +ua
on the command line and output to PNG, TGA or EXR (high dynamic range
format)

Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Date: 19 Jan 2019 13:13:35
Message: <XnsA9DCC396EFE71seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:5c435a9e$1@news.povray.org Alain wrote:

> Have you tried using background{rgbt 1} ?

Hah, that indeed works, but also requires a sky_sphere or something else
containing the scene to isolate it from the background.

Excelent,

Thanks Alain,

ingo

Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Date: 19 Jan 2019 13:30:46
Message: <XnsA9DCC68058093seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:5c435a9e$1@news.povray.org Alain wrote:

> Have you tried using background{rgbt 1}

after a bit of fiddling only +ua has to be set to render it to
transparent, background colour is of no influence on these sections.
I.i.r.c the same for the blackness around the fishey lens.

ingo (things are comming back slowly in my old brain)