POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : problem with rendering old povray file. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  problem with rendering old povray file. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: windwakr
Subject: problem with rendering old povray file.
Date: 12 Nov 2004 21:35:01
Message: <web.4195720828257e2b12350490@news.povray.org>
http://irtc.org/stills/1998-10-31.html The winner there(you may recognize as
povray about image with no pov-logo) has the source avialable for download.
So I downloaded and rendered it about 5 min later came out a picture with
no water!(just a wet surface) and the lighting is sunset when its meant to
be day. How could this be fixed?

(is this the wrong place for this question?)

Post a reply to this message

> recognize as povray about image with no pov-logo) has the source
> avialable for download. So I downloaded and rendered it about 5 min
> later came out a picture with no water!(just a wet surface) and the
> lighting is sunset when its meant to be day. How could this be fixed?

The "running"?

Perhaps just turn on options at begin of file:

// *** render control ***
#declare trace_water=       0; // <----
#declare trace_stones=      1;
#declare trace_bed=         1;
#declare trace_sky=         0;
#declare trace_fishes=      0;
#declare trace_plants=      1;

Btw, I'm rendering a bit tweaked version (just added radiosity and other
hi-quality settings)

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/

Post a reply to this message

> Btw, I'm rendering a bit tweaked version (just added radiosity and other
> hi-quality settings)

How could I have been so stupid. I didnt even see them there. Thanks!

(I need to start reading files better)