POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Loop-the-loop" Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  "Loop-the-loop" (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: None
Subject: "Loop-the-loop"
Date: 2 Oct 2003 13:53:53
Message: <Xns94088D51573EDNone@204.213.191.226>
Anyone know the best (i.e. fastest rendering) way to make a seamless "loop-
the-loop" track?

Post a reply to this message

From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: "Loop-the-loop"
Date: 2 Oct 2003 14:15:37
Message: <3F7C6B47.A91B0772@hotmail.com>
None wrote:

> Anyone know the best (i.e. fastest rendering) way to make a seamless
> "loop-the-loop" track?

Render one frame.  That loops fairly smoothly.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 2 Oct 2003 14:18:04
Message: <muqonv0jdm9v73g2t5gpp02n7auk4sq9mn@4ax.com>
On 2 Oct 2003 13:53:53 -0400, None <Non### [at] onca> wrote:

>Anyone know the best (i.e. fastest rendering) way to make a seamless "loop-
>the-loop" track?
A bit more detail would help:-}

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Melly
Date: 2 Oct 2003 17:16:25
Message: <3f7c95a9$1@news.povray.org>
"None" <Non### [at] onca> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> Anyone know the best (i.e. fastest rendering) way to make a seamless
"loop-
> the-loop" track?

If you just mean repeating a series of images, then I would assume that you
would be better off looping them in an external application, rather than
waste rendering time producing identical bitmaps.

Beyond that, what John and Steve said.

Post a reply to this message