POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [3.5 Docs] 6.5.4.1 evaluate describtion Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  [3.5 Docs] 6.5.4.1 evaluate describtion (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Subject: [3.5 Docs] 6.5.4.1 evaluate describtion
Date: 19 Jul 2002 16:48:56
Message: <3d387b38@news.povray.org>
Hi,

in section 6.5.4.1. the evaluate keyword is described an it says about the
three parameters:

P0: the minimum max_gradient in the estimation process,
P1: an over-estimated max_gradient value, (1 or greater)
P2: an attenuation parameter (1 or less).

Later on, the text suggests evaluate 5, 1.2, 0.95 as a start. That is: 5
(higher than 1.2) is the minimum max_gradient used, 1.2 (lower than 5) is an
over-estimated max_gradient.
Does this make any sense? Which is wrong, the suggestion for the
start-values, or the description of the parameters?

I searched p.b-t but couldn't find anything that would spread some light on
this.

Thanks in advance,

Marc-Hendrik

Post a reply to this message