POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : yEnc Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  yEnc (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: ingo
Subject: yEnc
Date: 14 Jan 2002 05:17:51
Message: <Xns91967328DEE46seed7@povray.org>
A big post in p.b.i reminded me of the fact that my newsreader now
supports binary encoding for messages without increasing their size by ~
35%.

http://www.yenc.org/

There are at least two news readers that support it, Xnews and Thoth
(Mac). (De)compressor source and (win) binaries are available.

Is this something we can use on this server? It would reduce the bandwidth
for binaries quite a bit.

Ingo

Post a reply to this message