POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can I use jpg or others real color format to texture in pov? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Can I use jpg or others real color format to texture in pov? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Wei Gan
Subject: Can I use jpg or others real color format to texture in pov?
Date: 20 Aug 2001 04:30:02
Message: <3b80ca8a@news.povray.org>

Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Date: 20 Aug 2001 04:50:26
Message: <Xns91036E46E3B0Bseed7@povray.org>
in news:3b80ca8a@news.povray.org Wei Gan wrote:

In general, yes, but jpg is not supported (yet), other formats are.
Look for image_map in the documentation.

Ingo

From: Adrien Beau
Date: 20 Aug 2001 04:50:30
Message: <3B80CF5C.EBE7EDDA@sycomore.fr>
Wei Gan wrote:

> (nothing)

At least you should have repeated the question you put in
your message title.

You can't use JPEG yet. This will be possible in POV 3.5.

It has always been possible to use real color formats in
POV (since version 1.0 at least). You can use PNG, TGA and
BMP (in Windows version) in POV 3.1.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs