POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface from PNG ? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface from PNG ? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Bjorn Jonsson
Subject: Isosurface from PNG ?
Date: 6 Nov 2005 13:05:01
Message: <MPG.1dd85607904b1ba4989695@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to create an isosurface (heightfield on a sphere in this
case) from a grayscale PNG image ? What I have in mind is something
comparable to a surface object where this is easy to do but it doesn't
look obvious to me how to do this with an isosurface if it is possible.

--
Bjorn Jonsson / http://www.mmedia.is/bjj

Post a reply to this message

> Is it possible to create an isosurface (heightfield on a sphere in this
> case) from a grayscale PNG image ? What I have in mind is something
> comparable to a surface object where this is easy to do but it doesn't
> look obvious to me how to do this with an isosurface if it is possible.

http://www.imagico.de/pov/ic/docu02.html#HF_Sphere

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)