POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : antialias - jitter - jagged lines Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  antialias - jitter - jagged lines (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: HermanS
Subject: antialias - jitter - jagged lines
Date: 26 Feb 2003 10:36:40
Message: <MPG.18c6fd7933b716d1989681@news.povray.org>
I need some help to avoid jagged lines.
I prepared a scene with a lot of straight lines that are modeled as
cylinders with a very small radius.
Rendering this scene I get very jagged lines. I tried to change
antialias parameters, antialias_depth, Jitter_Amount. Although the
results look better I don't get a satisfactory result.
I hope somebody can give useful suggestions. Thanks!
Herman

Post a reply to this message

"HermanS" <her### [at] pandorabeinvalid> wrote in message
> I need some help to avoid jagged lines.
> I prepared a scene with a lot of straight lines that are modeled as
> cylinders with a very small radius.
> Rendering this scene I get very jagged lines. I tried to change
> antialias parameters, antialias_depth, Jitter_Amount. Although the
> results look better I don't get a satisfactory result.
> I hope somebody can give useful suggestions. Thanks!
> Herman

Sometimes such problems just can't be fixed by pov. The general solution in such
cases, iirc, is to render the image at twice the size you need without any aa,
and then reduce the image size using a suitable graphics application.

Post a reply to this message

> Sometimes such problems just can't be fixed by pov. The general solution in such
> cases, iirc, is to render the image at twice the size you need without any aa,
> and then reduce the image size using a suitable graphics application.

Post a reply to this message

> Sometimes such problems just can't be fixed by pov. The general solution
in such
> cases, iirc, is to render the image at twice the size you need without any
aa,
> and then reduce the image size using a suitable graphics application.

Which is equivalent to rendering with +AA0.0 (AA threshold of zero) and +Rn
(where n is the number of times to multiply the image size) except that you
can also use jittering with this method.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message