POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Holy Crud! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Holy Crud! (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Jamie Davison
Subject: Holy Crud!
Date: 13 Apr 2001 14:33:12
Message: <MPG.154122f7ff2644449898bc@news.povray.org>
Erm, I just upgraded my system a little bit...

Before, it took 8 minutes 19 seconds to render Skyvase.pov at 1280x1024
AA0.3 from the standard Quickres.ini file.

It just took my new system 1 minute 9 seconds at the same res and
settings...

I knew my new box was going to be quicker, but I wasn't quite expecting
it to be *that* much quicker.

Oh, and for those who are interested, it went from a PII-300 with 96Mb of
SDRAM to an Athlon 1.333Ghz with 256Mb of DDR RAM.  Oh and it's got a new
UDMA/100 HDD too.

Of course the major downside to upgrading the box is that it has taken me
the best part of 8 hours to rebuild the system to this point, and it's
probably only about 2/3 of the way to having all my software back on.

<sigh>  ah well, back to installing stuff.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.

Post a reply to this message