POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can use TWO image_map on ONE heigh_field? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Can use TWO image_map on ONE heigh_field? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: jong
Subject: Can use TWO image_map on ONE heigh_field?
Date: 14 Apr 2004 13:30:00
Message: <web.407d73dd1e4177bdaf9f3afa0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I try to use two image_map on the heigh_field.
But the result always show the later one.
Here is the simplified scene:

height_field {jpeg "mount.jpg" smooth
pigment {image_map{jpeg "mount_green.jpg"}}
pigment {image_map{jpeg "road.jpg"}}
finish  {ambient 0.1 diffuse 0.9 phong 0.5}
             }

I also try to use pigment_map. But the result
is not change. It always only show the later one
(road.jpg) on the heigh_field.

Is there any mistake in the syntax?
How can I do to show both of them?

Thanks all,

Shiann-Jong

Post a reply to this message

>I try to use two image_map on the heigh_field.
>But the result always show the later one.
>Here is the simplified scene:
>
>height_field {jpeg "mount.jpg" smooth
>pigment {image_map{jpeg "mount_green.jpg"}}
>pigment {image_map{jpeg "road.jpg"}}
>finish  {ambient 0.1 diffuse 0.9 phong 0.5}
>             }
>
>I also try to use pigment_map. But the result
>is not change. It always only show the later one
>(road.jpg) on the heigh_field.
>
>Is there any mistake in the syntax?
>How can I do to show both of them?

1. You can't layer just the pigments, you can only layer complete
textures.

2. When you layer textures, the last one needs to have some sort of
transparency (filter or transmit) otherwise you can't see through it to
the underlying layer.

 height_field {jpeg "mount.jpg" smooth
   texture {pigment {image_map{jpeg "mount_green.jpg"}}}
   texture {
     pigment {image_map{jpeg "road.jpg" transmit all 0.75}}

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message