POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : a few images and a video made with POV-Ray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  a few images and a video made with POV-Ray (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: a few images and a video made with POV-Ray
Date: 7 Jan 2010 17:26:59
Message: <87ocl5sg9c.fsf@violet.siamics.net>
... It seems that I'm still being able to get to POV-Ray almost
	exactly once a year.  Most often, this would happen just before
	the new year's celebration, but this time, I chose to postpone
	the work for a week instead.

	So, the images are:

http://waterlily.siamics.net/~ivan/graphic/2010.jpeg
	    (Remembering 1990-s.)

http://waterlily.siamics.net/~ivan/graphic/2009.jpeg
	    (Prospects of the work.)

http://waterlily.siamics.net/~ivan/graphic/2008.jpeg
	    (Searching for a silver key.)

http://waterlily.siamics.net/~ivan/graphic/2007.jpeg
http://waterlily.siamics.net/~ivan/graphic/2006.jpeg
http://waterlily.siamics.net/~ivan/graphic/2005.jpeg
http://waterlily.siamics.net/~ivan/graphic/2004.jpeg
http://waterlily.siamics.net/~ivan/graphic/2003.jpg
http://waterlily.siamics.net/~ivan/graphic/2002.jpeg

	Alternatively, the same images should be available from the
	following location as well:

http://theory.asu.ru/~ivan/graphic/

	Also, there're a short and low-resolution video of a fractal
	cluster growth (as per the DLA [1] algorithm):

http://theory.asu.ru/~ivan/video/dla-demo-2005-12-29.mpeg

	There're little special about these images (I tend to think of
	them as of a kind of excercises in programming, mathematics and
	arts), but nevertheless, would these be of any use to anybody, I
	hereby release them under the Creative Commons
	Attribution-ShareAlike License (AKA CC-BY-SA.)

	I'm now considering releasing the sources under GNU FDL, but
	cannot promise it will happen anytime soon.  (Though I'd
	probably be able to answer specific questions or share specific
	parts of the source.)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffusion-limited_aggregation

--
FSF associate member #7257