POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tunnels Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Tunnels (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Robert DeVet
Subject: Tunnels
Date: 19 May 1998 16:10:52
Message: <3561E74C.698DDAE3@istar.ca>
I'm making a dirt tunnel for a IRTC image. Most and up looking like
brownish backgrounds, with a white circel (the sky, visible through the
tunnel) No matter what I do, the tunnel looks flat, and not 3-d at
all... Any advice? I've tried lighting it from outside and from inside.

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet

Post a reply to this message

Robert DeVet <rde### [at] istarca> wrote:
: I'm making a dirt tunnel for a IRTC image. Most and up looking like
: brownish backgrounds, with a white circel (the sky, visible through the
: tunnel) No matter what I do, the tunnel looks flat, and not 3-d at
: all... Any advice? I've tried lighting it from outside and from inside.

  Do you mean something like this?

camera { location -z*25 look_at 0 angle 40 }
light_source { <0,9,-10> color 1 }

difference
{ cylinder { 0,z*100,10 }
  cylinder { -z,z*101,9.9 }
  pigment { rgb 1 }
  normal { bumps .5 scale 2 }
}

--
                                                              - Warp. -

Post a reply to this message

>I'm making a dirt tunnel for a IRTC image. Most and up looking like
>brownish backgrounds, with a white circel (the sky, visible through the
>tunnel) No matter what I do, the tunnel looks flat, and not 3-d at
>all... Any advice? I've tried lighting it from outside and from inside.

I guess you have no lightsource lighting the inside of your tunnel. So you
only get the ambient value of the texture, which is the same for the whole
tunnel -> it looks flat.

Try using a few lights to light up the tunnel.

Johannes.