POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stupid fatfingers Server Time
27 Sep 2024 03:34:24 EDT (-0400)
  Stupid fatfingers (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Stupid fatfingers
Date: 25 Aug 2024 12:38:00
Message: <66cb5de8$1@news.povray.org>
I just accidentally destroyed a 14 hour render, by accidentally
repeating the render command--within seconds of it completing, so no
backup.  Don't you hate when that happens?

I'm using GNU/Linux, where file undeletion requires a 3-credit semester
course to learn how to do it.

Do you with the 3 week renders ever have that problem?

Post a reply to this message

On 25/08/2024 19:37, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> I just accidentally destroyed a 14 hour render, by accidentally
> repeating the render command--within seconds of it completing, so no
> backup.  Don't you hate when that happens?
>
> I'm using GNU/Linux, where file undeletion requires a 3-credit semester
> course to learn how to do it.
>
> Do you with the 3 week renders ever have that problem?

It's sorrow, but not fatal - 14 hours is not too much. Just start it
again, go to bed, sleep, wake up, have a good breakfast, go for a walk,
get back and it will be ready !
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

On 25/08/2024 19:37, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> I just accidentally destroyed a 14 hour render, by accidentally
> repeating the render command--within seconds of it completing, so no
> backup.  Don't you hate when that happens?

It's sorrowful, but not fatal - 14 hours is not too much. Just start it
again, go to bed, sleep, wake up, have a good breakfast, go for a walk,
get back and it will be ready !
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

> I just accidentally destroyed a 14 hour render, by accidentally
> repeating the render command--within seconds of it completing, so no
> backup.  Don't you hate when that happens?
>
> I'm using GNU/Linux, where file undeletion requires a 3-credit semester
> course to learn how to do it.
>
> Do you with the 3 week renders ever have that problem?

Now it's time to learn how to make an automatic backup after each render. If you
take a moment chatgpt can create it for you.

BGimeno

Post a reply to this message

> I just accidentally destroyed a 14 hour render, by accidentally
> repeating the render command--within seconds of it completing, so no
> backup.  Don't you hate when that happens?

Oh, I hear you my brother.

http://news.povray.org/povray.windows/thread/%3Cweb.5887512288c6897ec437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E/

Post a reply to this message

On 25.08.2024 19:37, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> I just accidentally destroyed a 14 hour render, by accidentally
> repeating the render command--within seconds of it completing, so no
> backup.  Don't you hate when that happens?

Sounds like you are complete computer novice and never pressed Ctrl+S
instead of Ctrl+Z before ;-)

With POVRay I have the opposite problem: parsing starts, takes time, and
stops and I'm going to search for the error, and all I see is
"interrupted by user".

"It's not a brake, it's slow full throttle".

--
Ilyich the Toad
https://dnyarri.github.io/

Post a reply to this message