POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : isosurface and max_gradient Server Time
1 Jul 2024 12:52:00 EDT (-0400)
  isosurface and max_gradient (Message 21 to 22 of 22)
From: kurtz le pirate
Subject: Re: isosurface and max_gradient
Date: 9 May 2024 10:23:13
Message: <663cdc51$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/05/2024 12:39, Bald Eagle wrote:

> Nice - I've played with that before.

LOL

> I emailed the guy who runs that to find out how he managed:
> https://www.deviantart.com/mathmod/art/Straw-Torus-579426225
>
> But I never did get an answer.

Same...

It seems that a FaceBook group exists. I don't have an account, so I
don't know if it's still active : <https://www.facebook.com/parisolab/>

> Do you understand how all the syntax works?

Ho no, far from it.
Some syntaxes are really strange and without doc..

--
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise

Post a reply to this message

From: William F Pokorny
Date: 11 May 2024 01:25:59
Message: <663f0167$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/24 04:23, kurtz le pirate wrote:
> For me, it was just a test to adapt
> isosurfaces found in "MathMod" to POVRay
> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/mathmod/>

I've not run the application, but I too have spent time trying shapes
others have worked up for it. The f_toupie() inbuilt in my yuqk fork,
both in name and core code, comes from such play! :-)

---

As for chasing the original, "min() max gradient still too high" issue,
I've stopped.

In hindsight, the overall chase was worthwhile for yuqk fork issues of
my own doing. Plus, clang correctly implementing the dynamic CPU
optimization, gave me the means to dig into a longstanding, general
POV-Ray build issue too.

As "code bug hunts" go, this one yielded much. :-)

Bill P.